One of the first things you’ll notice walking into a Shea Homes model is the expansive kitchen design, featuring tons of cabinet and counter space. Sure, these drool-worthy kitchens are easy to fill with all your pots and pans, gadgets and appliances. But what are the must-have items no kitchen should be without?
1. Mandoline Slicer: Have you ever wanted to slice paper-thin vegies or turn out a large batch of sliced cucumbers in a hurry? Fast fingers and sharp knives only go so far. One of these handy gadgets, with interchangeable blades and finger guards, can make fast work of big jobs and look great, too!
2. Silicone Kitchen Gloves: Whether you’re picking up that heavy Dutch oven or flipping burgers on the grill, these handy gloves protect against heat and give you full use of your hands.
3. Mason Jars: Who knew those canning jars with screw on lids would be so popular? From storing dressings to popping in a bouquet, or even using as drinking glasses, these throw-back essentials are perfect for so many things.
4. Cutting Board: These staples aren’t just for cutting anymore! Made from wood, bamboo, or a variety of synthetics in bright colors, cutting boards can be your “go to” serving pieces. Set up a mini-buffet of assorted finger foods on a large wooden board, assemble a variety of cheese and fruit on another, and place some crusty, torn bread on a third to complete your presentation.
5. Kitchen Shears: Every kitchen needs at least two pair of these handy-dandy “get the job done” workhorse tools. Great for cutting up fresh herbs like basil or small pieces of boneless chicken, knife work was never this easy!
These are just a few fun tools to add to the basics. To explore your dream kitchen to fit all of your foodie needs, visit us today to see in person what difference a kitchen and home built with you in mind can make. For more information about Shea Homes’ communities across the Valley, visit our website or call us toll free at 1-866-696-7432.
Here’s to all the fabulous creations that will come out of your new Shea kitchen!